Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New Tools

This renovating a house thing really isn't that fun when you have ADD and would rather be painting on paper than on walls. So I decided to paint watercolors of the three new tools I bought. This is a molding claw bar. I bought it to yank out tacks and nails that are embedded in my wooden steps that were once covered with carpet. I'm hoping to strip these stairs of layers of glue, paint and stain to reveal something truly stunning. So far the only thing that I've discovered is the importance of wearing a nose and mouth mask while using stripper because YES you can get one killer head ache. The next tool I bought is a nail puncher thingy. It taps in the heads of tiny nails so you can hide them. After you tap in the nail, you squish putty down in the hole, let it dry, sand it, prime then paint it. DETAILS - IT'S in the DETAILS!!! You can not believe how many nail heads need to be sunk. So this little yellow bugger is used with a hammer ... and yes, I already have one of those. Finally I had to buy a chisel because the previous owner/renovator forgot to chisel out a hole for my dead bolt to go into. I mean why would you go to the trouble of a deadbolt and not make it work. I roll my eyes constantly while working on this place. But WOW what an education I'm getting. Tomorrow I play with wood glue...

No comments:

Post a Comment