Monday, October 5, 2009

Home Decor Inspiration

I'm still working on the bones. But it won't be much longer until I get to do the fun stuff and that is the decorating of my new place. When I get down or tired I spend a little time looking at my favorite blogs and soon I feel rejuvenated. Decorating is the light at the end of the tunnel.

The number one design and art blog I look at daily is decor8.
(photo taken from decor8)

I love the European flair that defines this blog and am SO overwhelmed by the great homes I see on on the site that I think I'll pop. And I LOVE that Miss Holly features artists as well. Great art can really pull together a room and speak volumes about a person. It's as defining as the clothing one wears. I learn so much from her site and I admit, my decision to paint all the rooms "Super White" was greatly influenced by this blog. And I'm very pleased with my decision so far.
(photo from Design*Sponge)

Next would be Design*Sponge. I just started looking at this site. A little retro - but I always find something that tickles my fancy, makes me happy and gets my creative juices flowing also known as drooling. Finally, Yarnstorm because she's English, clever and colorful. She finds beauty in gardening, books, yarn and cookies. And, I love, LOVE, LOVE her photos.

(Photo from Yarn Storm)
Sigh.... so many great ideas out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment